DevBlog #00 - Releasing the Website
So here we are, after wasting a whole month designing my own website, I decided it wasn't even worth it in the end. After all why do all the work of creating and maintaining a whole website just to post some blog posts (that few people will ever ready anyway). Therefore, I chose to go with Blogger, more because it would be a new experience from WordPress which I have used in the past, and obviously because it would take all the hard work away from me, so I can focus on working on that app I keep telling you about.
Where are we so far?
Well, not far really. I haven't been able to work on it much, plus a few things have not gone the way I was planning for them to go. First it was school as I had to finish college and therefore had to study for my final exams. Then there were problems with the software I was planning to use to create the app, Android Studio just wouldn't work with me. So after finishing the design stage, and starting the second phase of production, (the one I currently am, which involves creating a following for the app by creating Social Media accounts and blog pages) I was stuck in place trying to balance school, social life and Android Studio.
It's not all bad news though.
Now I am almost finished with college, (as of writing this I only have one last exam to go), and I have more time to work on the app. At least for the coming couple of months, as I will have to find a job to support myself while developing the app.
The second good news is that, after much evaluation, (and being too lazy to keep trying to make it work) I decided to move away from Android Studio and start developing the app using JavaScript React Native instead. I'll be honest this should have been the first choice as I intended for the app to be multi-platform since day one, but let's not get into details here.
What now?
Well, now I am about to re-edit my schedule so I can provide you with a new version of the roadmap of development and release. That, however, will come on another blog, DevBlog #02 to be exact. The issues I had have probably pushed everything back by a couple of months, and considering my skills on JavaScript aren't at the highest level, things might get delayed even more. But let's not get distracted by all that, it's time for me to get to work, and if any of you are reading this, it's probably time for you to get back at your stuff.
Comments
Post a Comment