DevBlog #02 - I am back!

Hello there! So, I know I am a bit late for the November DevBlog, and I have no excuses. I had planned to write this the week before and upload it yesterday on Sunday, but now I am having to write this on my phone so I can then upload it to the website. Anyway, let's get back to the important part.

Where are we?

Well, not that far. I haven't posted a blog for the past 2 months simply because there hasn't been much to show. I have gotten better at working with React-Native, and work has gotten smother with time. However, there is still a lot to do. I haven't gotten to prototyping the core features of the app yet, and I have to admit I should have reached this stage already. Safe to say it will be hard to get the beta version out by the end of January next year (I said hard, not impossible).

Looking at the cup 'half-full' Tho, I am now able to fully implement the design of the app the way I want to, although I haven't gotten to do that yet. That part has to wait until I can develop the main app features, so I don't have to do any redesign if things don't go as planned.

I have also finally figured a way to set up my project with all the assets and directories and code files and all that, which may seem like a small thing, but it is actually very important for the work I have ahead. This should make it very easy for me to go from prototyping to actual development and release.

Social media updates!

If you follow my Instagram account, you will have seen the post, and probably noticed afterwards, that I am not posting there anymore. That is because I noticed it was taking too much of my time working with creating content for the page, while also having no content relating to the app itself. I also had to save some time to work on the app, as well as my everyday job.

So, in short, I just stopped because it got too much, and that page wasn't getting any attention anyway. But I am planning to come back, hopefully in January when I have some content that actually relates to the project (as well as some other stuff for the page itself).

Well, that will have to be it then, I know it wasn't much, but I should be able to tell you more on the next DevBlog which is coming out on first to fifth December.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DevBlog #00 - Releasing the Website

Wallpaper Dump